Your sump pump is one of those things you may not consider until you need it—then you trust it’s operating as it should. The good news is that the professionals at Service Experts are here to help whether you need new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Raleigh home.
Sump pumps can stop working for several of different reasons and we’ve possibly witnessed it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting weird, give Service Experts a call to schedule a visit and examine your issue.
During our visit, we can provide you with various preventive maintenance tricks to help guarantee your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or specifically, quite the reverse) when you need it most. Our team will check your sump pump for correct operation and if we see any evidence of a possible mishap, we’ll alert you immediately and discuss your options.
It is vital to take note there are multiple easy things that you can do to make sure you have your sump pump set up for efficiency:
- Make sure the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is vertical and not tipping to one side as it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If time has passed since your sump pump has run, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unblocked.
Because your sump pump is basically a type of insurance to protect your house and your belongings from what can be distressing water damage, look to the experts at Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 919-578-4329
or request an appointment online.