Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Raleigh
You probably don’t think about your sump pump until there’s a downpour. Then you hope it’s working correctly so your Raleigh basement doesn’t sustain water damage.
Sump pumps can stop running for a couple of numerous reasons.
We’ve seen it all. If your pump isn’t draining properly, call the Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to fix the problem.
We’ll take a look at your pump during our visit and provide you with preventive maintenance tips, so it won’t stop when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease operating for several different reasons:
- Power interruption
- Irregular maintenance
- Undersized unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch issues
- Icy or blocked discharge lines
- Age (average pump lasts 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few easy things you can do to make sure your sump pump is primed for efficiency.
- Check that the cord is in good shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in the event of power surges.
- Ensure the pump is straight and not tipping to one side, since this can cause the pump to not turn on when called for.
- If the pump hasn’t recently run, pour a bucket of water into the pit to verify the pump starts and pulls out the water efficiently.
- During dry forecasts, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the discharge pipe’s vent hole is free of obstructions.
Trust Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a type of insurance to shield your home from water damage, depend on the specialists at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to ensure yours is taking care of business.
We’ve got the knowledge—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are upheld by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Give us a call at 919-578-4329 or request an appointment online.