According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are a result of sewer backups. The typical cost with sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Service Experts can help by guaranteeing you have a backflow assembly installed to avoid sewer backups. Plenty of homeowners in Raleigh don’t realize they are liable for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Service Experts, our plumbers and technicians have the skills, training and proficiency to take care of everything and anything associated to sewer service and sewer inspection.
Common Causes of Sewer Backup
- Back-ups in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is Creating your sewer to fail or clog, don’t hesitate to contact us at 919-578-4329
as soon as you suspect a problem to avoid as much, sometimes pricey, destruction to your home and plumbing arrangement as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Be certain you are throwing away waste properly.
- Dumping grease down your drain will cause a obstruction in the line and turn into a clog.
- Disposing of any paper products excluding toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) in the toilet can cause a backup.
- Have Service Experts install and manage a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Service Experts to look for illegal plumbing connections and fix them if identified. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will usually clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from damaging your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Service Experts today at 919-578-4329
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs.