End Expensive Water Leaks in Your Raleigh Home
The typical home wastes 2,000 to 20,000 gallons of water annually because of leaks, according to the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
Dripping faucets and leaky water heaters aren’t difficult to catch. But other leaks like toilet flapper valves or cracked water supply lines can go undetected for too long.
A water leak can be costly. You’re paying for surplus water you’re not using, and leaks can be destructive to your home.
That’s why it’s crucial to find and repair the smallest leak.
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is here to help you achieve just that. We have the expertise for Expert leak detection and water line repair in Raleigh.
6 Signs You Could Have a Plumbing Leak
Finding and fixing leaks are the most routine calls we receive for plumbing services. Repairing a leak right away can help you avoid pricey water damage. Some leaks may be more difficult to find than others, but there are a few telltale clues that you need to call a plumber in Raleigh. Here are the top six:
- Your water bill is bigger than expected.
- Your pipes regularly make thumping sounds.
- There are rust stains in your toilet, or your water is rust colored.
- Floors or walls appear moist or soft.
- You see water stains on the ceiling or walls.
- There’s damp soil or erosion near your home’s foundation.
How to Figure Out if You Have a Leak
If you suspect you have a leak but can’t locate the signs, check your water meter:
- Confirm no water is being used inside or outside your home.
- Check the leak indicator on your water meter. The indicator is commonly a triangular dial or miniature silver wheel. If the dial is turning, you may have a leak.
We can track down the source of the leak and get it fixed before you spend more money or potentially damage your home.
Common Places for Water Leaks
With all the locations water is used in your home, there are many places you could notice a leak.
Leaks can be caused by cracked seals around water connectors, deteriorating pipes, obstructions and more.
They frequently are spotted:
- On water supply lines and connections below the kitchen sink
- In washing machines, especially ones that are growing old
- In hot- and cold-water hoses plugged into your washing machine
If you find signs of a leak, we can get things back to normal. Plus, we back all of our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 919-578-4329 or schedule an appointment online.