Expert Oil Furnace Repair in Raleigh
Furnace balking at starting? Reset button continually tripping? If your fuel oil furnace is leaving you annoyed and chilly in Raleigh, the Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning can help.
Sometimes, you can take care of troubles with your oil-burning furnace alone. There are a few things you can try before getting in touch with us for heating repair.
Common Oil Heating System Problems
- Furnace won’t start. The thermostat setting may be wrong. Ensure that it’s set to “auto” and “heat.”
- Reset button keeps tripping. This safety feature turns off your furnace when it spots a problem. Make sure there’s fuel in the oil tank, the valves are open and the chimney is clear. Once you’ve checked those areas, only press the reset button once. Pressing it multiple times could cause fuel oil to become concentrated and start a fire once the furnace begins heating.
- Inadequate heat. The oil or air filters could be congested and need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Excess noise. If you hear clattering, tighten access panels. Squealing means there’s problems with the belt or blower motor. If these components have oiling ports, put a little bit of electric motor oil on them after disconnecting your furnace.
Other times, you’ll need one of our specialist service technicians. Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for oil furnace repair service when:
- Pushing the reset button doesn’t start the furnace, even when there’s fuel in the tank and valves are open
- You hear knocking sounds, which likely indicates there’s air in the fuel lines
- Oil lines are leaking
- Soot can be seen in the burner chamber
- Burner works but does not fire
- Alternative troubleshooting tips don’t fix the problem
100% Satisfaction Guarantee* Backs Our Repairs
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning can determine the problem when your oil furnace won’t start.
Our specialists have passed in-depth testing to earn the highest HVAC standard, ACE certification. They are able to take care of most any heating repair. And all our repairs are backed by a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.*
Routine maintenance can help prevent furnace repairs. Once we get your furnace working, Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning technicians can go over a membership plan that could decrease costly repairs and make your furnace work more efficiently. A more efficient furnace could help you save money on energy costs.