A popping noise is characteristic of an undersized duct design. This takes place when there’s greater airflow than your ductwork can handle.
Problems with your ductwork might lead to other ventilation and air quality problems, including:
- Significant noise
- Greater energy consumption
- Ahead-of-time system failure
- Unbalanced heating and cooling
- Damaged AC compressor in the summer
- Overheated furnace or heat pump in the winter
- Mold expansion inside ducts
Reach an Expert company in Raleigh, like Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, to check your home's ventilation system. We can provide suggestions for duct repair or installation.