A popping noise is characteristic of an undersized duct design. This happens when there’s greater airflow than your ductwork can handle.
Problems with your ductwork may create other ventilation and air quality problems, including:
- Too much noise
- Increased energy consumption
- Ahead-of-time system failure
- Irregular heating and cooling
- Broken AC compressor in the summer
- Overheated furnace or heat pump in the winter
- Mold expansion inside ducts
Reach an Expert company in Raleigh, like Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, to check your home's ventilation system. We can provide suggestions for duct repair or installation.