What can be done to protect my home from carbon monoxide?

Stopping it from happening is the most important place to begin. Taking appropriate safety precautions will reduce your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Raleigh.

Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family safe:

  • Warm up your car out of your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours running in the restricted space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
  • Don’t run ovens or grills as heating sources. These things are safe when run correctly but can create carbon monoxide when run for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
  • Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, since it creates fumes.
  • Have your chimney inspected by a specialist. This makes sure chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected properly.
  • Check gas appliances are running properly, particularly your heater. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe heating by scheduling annual furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.