Stopping it from happening is the most important place to begin. Taking appropriate safety precautions will reduce your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Raleigh.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Warm up your car out of your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours running in the restricted space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heating sources. These things are safe when run correctly but can create carbon monoxide when run for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, since it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a specialist. This makes sure chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected properly.
- Check gas appliances are running properly, particularly your heater. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe heating by scheduling annual furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.