Preventing it from happening is the most important place to start. Taking correct safety precautions will reduce your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Raleigh.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Warm up your car out of your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours running in the small space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heating sources. These things are safe when run right but can create carbon monoxide when run for an extensive period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, since it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a pro. This makes sure chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected properly.
- Verify gas appliances are running properly, particularly your heater. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe operation by scheduling routine furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.