Your heating and cooling system is essential to a sense of comfort and high air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work hard in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Lots of homeowners take this functionality for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioning has ever malfunctioned on a scorching summer day, or the furnace has failed during a blizzard, you understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with urgent repairs, higher energy bills or home comfort problems. What if you had a way to maintain an uninterrupted source of clean, climate controlled air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in. Like receiving an oil change for your car, consistent tune-ups are a must for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should consider enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This plan is an arrangement between you and an HVAC contractor. Participation takes the guesswork out of HVAC service by delivering routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other benefits. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't mandatory to schedule tune-ups with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, but we highly encourage registering. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automatic Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets hectic, so people often forget about requesting furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so worthwhile, consider these benefits:
- Uncover minor problems early on: Issues with your HVAC equipment often form slowly. When a technician inspects the internal components each year, it’s possible to find and fix smaller problems before they become big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of equipment failures: By tightening that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance call, the chance of a mid-season breakdown diminishes.
- Smaller repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, foreseeable amount that reduces the need for most major repairs.
- Enhance energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that annual maintenance can boost HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, bringing down your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Encourage home comfort: When your home comfort system functions the way it should, airflow improves for even temperatures and more balanced humidity in every room.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on early replacement costs.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during every visit grants peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is running as intended.
- Adhere to your warranty: Most HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance so much that they require annual tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in upkeep now shields you from costly repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance agreement puts you at the front of the line when you schedule an emergency repair. You can typically count on same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning to replace your heating and cooling system? An HVAC agreement gives you access to the most rapid installs possible, even during the busiest times of year.
4. Discount on Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance lowers the need for repair calls, but if your system needs some professional attention, having an HVAC maintenance agreement provides a 15% discount. You’ll also have access to 15% off indoor air quality products, like pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Utility repairs are in some cases unavoidable, but they can get pricey fast. Luckily, with an HVAC agreement, you’ll never pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour visits.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you be sure the technician has completed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the results leave you dissatisfied, the technician will return to correct things.
Sign Up for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Check out what each plan offers and get in touch with our staff to help you figure out the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before registering. For more details about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to ask for a tune-up, please contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office today.