When you use the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, safe water to flow out. But even if your water looks clear, it might still carry toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and safety. Plenty of people do not like the taste of tainted tap water and recognize the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American homes use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to make sure they have healthy drinking water at home.
If you want to protect your family’s health, you might first think about trying the bottled water plan. Sadly, this gets pricey almost immediately. In addition, plastic water bottles that aren't recyclable end up polluting the world’s waterways, harming the environment and killing marine life.
Installing a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and cleaner for the environment than buying bottled water. It may also supply healthier water more easily because you can get it straight from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, enabling you to maximize the benefits wherever you use water at home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filtration system, learn about what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out unhealthy contaminants. Then, contact Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to help you find and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality fluctuates by location, but several of the most likely contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG files show that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, illustrating that legal water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your tap water, providing you and your family with safe, healthy water to drink. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a frequent sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Composed of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is naturally occurring and can become concentrated in the water main following heavy rainfall. While generally harmless, sediment can make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. However, this disinfectant creates harmful chemical byproducts when it reacts with naturally occurring organic and inorganic compounds in the water. Certain DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are found to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to keep your family healthy.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the objective of adding putting in any water filtration system. Besides being healthier for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty odors. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more cloudy water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin as you shower and cling to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so helpful because it guarantees clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or squandered water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others raise your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that safe, clean water doesn’t have to come with higher utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s structure, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, we install different types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re hoping to decrease water hardness, filter out bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, simple and backed by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office for help picking out a water filtration system that suits your needs and budget.