Air conditioners don’t run for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Raleigh, you may be considering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are some aspects to consider, as well as the advantages of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer before making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can likely delay it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you getting? A lot of homeowners are swapping out their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by operating at multiple speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to enjoy the total comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the right amount of air to keep your residence comfy. A new air conditioner might require a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can figure out that static pressure of your system and provide the correct suggestion.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your wallet if you get new systems at the same time.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are correctly sized, there aren’t usually any major short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is frequently not permanent until the other system stops working. You can avoid the band-aid fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll get these advantages:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything works at the highest efficiency, making your residence more comfortable and decreasing your annual heating and cooling bills.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you get a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could break down for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have covered a modern furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both installed at the same time. And you could even be eligible for a special deal since you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can rely on Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We know the expense of replacing your complete system may worry you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special discounts or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and merely one small monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are taken care of!*
Rest assured that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job well done. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 919-578-4329 to request an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.