Air conditioners don’t run for a lifetime, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Raleigh, you could be thinking—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are some factors to consider, as well as the advantages of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer before making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can likely delay it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you getting? A lot of homeowners are replacing their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by working at multiple speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to enjoy the total comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the correct amount of air to keep your house comfy. A new air conditioner could require a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can determine that static pressure of your system and provide the correct suggestion.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your bank account if you install both systems at the same time.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are correctly sized, there aren’t usually any major short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is frequently not permanent until the other system stops working. You can circumvent the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll get these advantages:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at the highest efficiency, making your family more comfortable and reducing your annual utility expenses.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you replace your air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may break down for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have gone toward a modern furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both installed at the same time. And you may even be eligible for a special deal since you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We get the price of replacing your complete system may worry you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special coupons or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and simply one small monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are taken care of!*
Rest assured that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job well done. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 919-578-4329 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.