Summer is normally a busy time of year for many people in Raleigh. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any host of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Raleigh heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Raleigh heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you do not have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 919-578-4329 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is working at its peak in the Raleigh heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a short break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a few moments to rest as it could also be an early warning of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take special considerations when organizing outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Raleigh temperatures are cooler.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best options.
- Keep your shower or bath a little cooler than normal. It can help you cool down a little sooner so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.