Summer is normally a crazy time of year for many families in Raleigh. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any host of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Raleigh heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five pointers:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Raleigh heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you do not have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is running at its peak in the Raleigh heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a quick break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't think thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a few moments to rest as it may also be an early warning of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take special considerations when organizing outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Raleigh temperatures are cooler.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best options.
- Keep your shower or bath a little cooler than usual. It can help you cool down a little faster so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.