How Often Do I Need Air Conditioner Service in Raleigh?
Imagine it’s a scorching hot summer day, and your AC unit abruptly breaks down. You start calling around looking for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps climbing while you wait for an HVAC specialist to arrive. Talk about a headache!
Routine air conditioner maintenance is an important tool in preventing this problem. But how can you tell when it’s time for a maintenance call? And, is it really worth setting up an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t appear to have any problems at all? Find out why taking a proactive approach is the answer to keeping you and your AC unit easily producing cool air even on the hottest days.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner functioning efficiently, HVAC specialists highly recommend servicing it at least once each year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit stays in optimal condition, protecting against potential problems and lengthening its life span.
As for what time to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the preferred time to get that done. This allows you to address developing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your AC unit runs smoothly throughout the whole summer.
However, if spring has come and gone, and you never got around to scheduling AC service, don’t wait until next year. When it comes to making the most out of cooling performance with preventive maintenance, it’s better to give your system a checkup whenever you can.
What Does AC Service Involve?
An air conditioning tune-up is a thorough process involving a variety of steps. This is why DIY maintenance is not suggested. Here are some key elements of the work you can expect to be done during a routine service appointment:
- Thorough inspection: The technician looks over your air conditioner for potential problems53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The mechanic uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other parts to ensure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to minimize friction and prevent wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to support safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Replacing the filter increases air quality and helps the unit run more efficiently. HVAC professionals recommend doing this in your own system every few months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your technician will run a test cycle to make sure the system turns on, operates and shuts down the way it should.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many individuals ask themselves if routine maintenance is worth all the hype. The fact is, routine air conditioner tune-ups promote better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit requires less power to keep your home cool, which translates into lower utility costs and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s much easier to spot potential issues early when a technician methodically inspects your cooling system every spring. A simple repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid costly and inconvenient breakdowns down the road.
- Improved air quality: A clean AC system promotes better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car drive longer, routine AC service extends the life of your AC, saving you on premature replacement expenses.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Air conditioning maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should consider it an investment, not an expense expenditure. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility bills, sudden repairs or the cost of buying a new system.
To optimize your savings, think about signing up for a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll lower the risk of breakdowns and increase energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to accommodate your needs and budget. You’ll get several benefits no matter which one you choose, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans cover annual AC tune-ups, ensuring your system remains in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when scheduling appointments, even during peak call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with discounts on new equipment with the Maintenance+ Plan
- Repair guarantee: For your satisfaction, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Plainly, annual AC maintenance is crucial for boosting performance and providing home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, preferably in the spring, to avoid breakdowns and savor numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts stands out as a top choice, with certified Experts, comprehensive maintenance plans and a laser-sharp focus on customer satisfaction. Leave air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your property cool and comfortable during even the hottest months. To learn more or set up your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.