How Do You Test for Carbon Monoxide?

There are many gases that could be in your Raleigh house. Natural gas and gases that derive from household fixtures, flooring and paints. None of these fumes are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.

Reach Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 919-578-4329 today to get started shielding your family against this harmful gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Toxic?

Carbon monoxide could be a major concern, so it’s not a thing to mess around with.

1. You Can’t Smell It

Carbon monoxide is life-threatening because you cannot view it, detect it with your nose or taste it. It’s nonirritating in small doses and can’t be filtered.

2. It Can Be Fatal Within Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of used fuel. It can leak into your house during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace fails. While it depends on how considerable the leak is and the airflow in a residence, the gas may become fatal in just a few minutes.

Once taken in, the gas has a half-life of about five hours. If you are taking in fresh air, you will need five hours to remove it from your body. It will take an extra five hours to cut that concentration by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Mirror Other Illnesses

It can also mimic illnesses that can be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.

How to Guard Your Residence from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no reason to take a chance with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are several ways you can complete to keep your house safe:

  1. Each residence with at least one natural gas furnace, connected garage or fireplace requires a carbon monoxide alarm. You need to have an alarm on all levels of your home, including the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of each bedroom. Don’t have a carbon monoxide alarm in your residence?
    Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 919-578-4329 to purchase one. Ask our pros about our reasonable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
  2. If you already have a carbon monoxide alarm, frequently test or swap out the batteries. You should look at batteries every three months, and replace the alarm every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide system sounds, exit your home immediately and call 911.

Keep Your Family Safe with Assistance from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be terrifying, and with the right precautions your loved ones can be protected from the toxic gas. Take the necessary steps and call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 919-578-4329 to learn more.


Our Health and Safety Commitment
At Service Experts, our top priority is always the health and safety of our customers and team. We are following all COVID-19 (Coronavirus) public safety guidelines and adjusting our business practices as needed to ensure customer and employee wellbeing. As a precautionary measure, anyone working on behalf of Service Experts – including our technicians – is being asked to stay home for the recommended 14 day quarantine period if they are returning from out-of-country, have been exposed to a presumptive or confirmed case, or are feeling unwell. We are providing our technicians and other field employees with additional health and safety guidance to assist in keeping our customers and employees safe. Please be prepared to answer brief health and safety questions with our representative. We will continue to monitor the situation and will adjust our business practices as required. We recognize that this may be a particularly stressful time and want you to know that, we are committed to serving you and making your experience as easy as possible.