No matter what the elements outside in Raleigh, the temperature within your house designates how comfortable your family will feel. Set it just right and your space will seem like a enjoyable escape from it all. But if your climate control system isn’t working properly, you’ll notice. And it won’t be fun.
Get ready for a deeper look at the way you’re using your heating and cooling equipment. It could make the difference between a steady system or a problematic performer. Try this short quiz from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to see how you stack up.
- The warm season is not far away in Raleigh. How do you prep your system?
- Switch out the HVAC filter and spruce up the vents. Then it’s ready to go.
- Bring in the Experts for seasonal maintenance.
- Nothing at all. It should be fine.
- You’re hosting a party on a especially warm night, but the AC isn’t functioning. What do you do?
- Instruct my guests to bring iced beverages.
- Organize an emergency repair to get it functioning before guests arrive.
- Turn on my fans and pray for a cool breeze.
- Your current HVAC is getting old. What will you do when it’s time for an upgrade?
- Allow my contractor to make the decision and fund it with a credit card.
- Manage worries and costs by signing up for a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Purchase the most intricate system available in Raleigh.
- When you open your next monthly power bill, what do you expect you’ll see?
- It will have a hefty price tag. My heating and cooling bills have skyrocketed.
- It will be close to the bill for the same month last year.
- I can’t know for certain until I open it. Some months aren’t bad, but others are shocking.
- Your heating and cooling system is making a weird noise. What do you do first?
- Find my toolbox and devote a weekend trying to fix it.
- Get a qualified technician to examine it.
- Ignore it and wait until it goes away.
Time to tally your results. If you chose mostly Bs, your home comfort practices are helping you out. You’re taking care of your system and you made a plan for down the road. But if you answered any of these questions with As or Cs, you can make some changes to help your system perform more efficiently. Read below to find out how.
Useful HVAC Habits to Help You Save
Schedule Seasonal Maintenance While replacing your air filter and clearing your vents are important tasks to prepare your system for a new season, a professional maintenance appointment is essential to complete the process. During a seasonal visit, your Expert technician will manage a series of tasks that advance the energy efficiency of your machine. And while they’re around the house, your HVAC service Expert will be on the lookout for more serious headaches for your HVAC. That could save you a costly breakdown later down the road.
Select a home comfort company that offers emergency repairs. Even correctly maintained heating and cooling systems can have problems occasionally. And it always seems to crop up at the least convenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can fix the headache and distress. The Service Experts Advantage Program provides that critical service to homeowners at no other cost.
Create a plan for your HVAC system replacement. Some heating and cooling systems can work for 10 to 15 years, but they won’t last forever. Make a strategy now to bypass last-minute pressure when your machine takes its last bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be useful. It provides you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front costs. And as an added bonus, the program also offers free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy expenses and take note when they dramatically change. Your utility bills can tell you more than your monthly expenses. If you’re noticing a stable increase in your expenses but no variation in home comfort, something is probably going on with your system. An updated high-efficiency system can give you peace of mind with more constant energy usage—and that means fewer shocks on your bill.
Call in the pros when you detect an odd noise from your heating and cooling system. That noise is more than aggravating. It is telling you something is wrong with your machinery. Even if it’s a comparatively small problem, left without professional help it could make for an expensive repair in the future. Don’t try to repair it yourself. Leave it to the pros to diagnose and fix it.
Your home comfort system can cost you quite a bit when you don’t treat it right. If you utilize these tips, you could save time, added costs and frustration. And if your system just isn’t helping anymore, think about choosing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can get you an updated energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To discover more, give us a call or request an appointment online. We’re happy to help!