How to Protect Your Home in Extreme Cold
It’s frigid out there. Most of the country is layering up for some icy temperatures. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water connections.
- Insulate all exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drip in indoor sinks and bathrooms by outer walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up cabinets under sinks to keep warm air circulating around pipes.
- Maintain an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those indoor heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you have vents shut in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not working, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give each of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick inspection.
Follow these quick tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then heat yourself some hot chocolate. And, as always, Service Experts is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.