Scheduling annual AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Tune-ups keep your air conditioner equipment in Raleigh working at its top performance while keeping electricity usage small. It also could even help prolong its life cycle.
While there are a few things you can do by yourself, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC inspections and upkeep.
Here are a few steps you can do alone as you prep for cooling season.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Booked
Spring is a season of rejuvenation, and to many that involves a large dose of indoors, garage and yard cleaning. With the toastier temps approaching, it’s also a fantastic idea to add AC tune-ups on that list.
Spring is the best season to get your cooling system scrubbed and examined. Waiting to switch it on until the first hot day of the year can be a gamble. If you have to schedule a fix or replacement, you might be waiting a long time for an appointment. And that might become very unpleasant.
And for people with allergies, being one step ahead with a clean AC system will help ensure the best indoor air quality during pollen season.
Also, AC upkeep might be required for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Do Maintenance on My Own?
There are procedures that you can do to help keep your air conditioner system in the best state:
- Put in a new air filter. Clogged filters limit airflow and might decrease your system’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the kind you have, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is very important if you deal with allergies or have a dog in your house.
- Lawn upkeep near the exterior condenser. Ensure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes by your air conditioning unit. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of free area. You should also get rid of any leaves or branches that have collected inside your unit, because this could limit airflow.
Let the Pros Manage the Rest
What’s left to do? If you ring Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 919-578-4329, the first thing we might do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already completed. Then our pros start the finer details. We’ll inspect your system and make sure it’s operating properly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to ensure reliable comfort.
- Lubrication to keep moving pieces working like they should and potentially avoid problems.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to clear leak-inducing mold and clogs.
- Fixing coil fins to stay clear of decreased airflow.
- Freshening the outdoor coil to remove any blockage from dust and grass.
- Inspecting controls to ensure your equipment is starting, cooling and turning off correctly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to confirm your unit has the right refrigeration charge.
If we find issues that need further service, we are set to provide you the most cost-effective option. Finding possible issues in a timely manner could solve more expensive problems later. This also gives you time to save if your AC is getting older.
When you are seeking a modern AC system, our Experts will assist you to choose the best system for your budget. We also offer financing to help make your new unit work for your budget. Regardless of what your comfort needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Ready to book your service? Call us at 919-578-4329 or schedule an appointment online now.