Scheduling annual AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Tune-ups keep your air conditioner unit in Raleigh working at its best performance while keeping electricity usage down. It also may even help lengthen its life expectancy.
While there are a few things you can do alone, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC inspections and upkeep.
Here are a few steps you can do by yourself as you prep for cooling season.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Booked
Spring is a period of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a big dose of house, garage and yard cleaning. With the toastier temps near, it’s also a fantastic idea to add AC tune-ups on that list.
Spring is the best time of year to get your air conditioning system freshened and examined. Waiting to flip it on until the first hot day of the year can be a gamble. If you have to have service or replacement, you might be waiting a long time for an appointment. And that might become very unpleasant.
And for those with allergies, being one step ahead with a clean AC system will help ensure the best indoor air quality during pollen season.
Also, AC upkeep could be required for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Do Service on My Own?
There are methods that you can do to help keep your AC system in the best order:
- Change your air filter suggests each month or two. This is particularly important if you deal with allergies or have pets in your house.
- Lawn upkeep near the exterior condenser. Ensure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes near your cooling unit. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of free area. You should also clear any leaves or sticks that have dropped into your unit, because this could impede airflow.
Let the Pros Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to do? If you ring Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 919-578-4329, the first thing we might do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already completed. Then our Experts start the finer details. We’ll inspect your system and make sure it’s working properly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to ensure secure comfort.
- Lubrication to keep moving components working effortlessly and potentially avoid problems.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to remove leak-creating mold and clogs.
- Fixing coil fins to stay clear of decreased airflow.
- Freshening the outdoor coil to remove any blockage from dust and weeds.
- Inspecting controls to ensure your unit is starting, cooling and shutting off correctly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to ensure your equipment has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we uncover issues that need further work, we are ready to offer you the most cost-effective option. Uncovering possible troubles promptly could solve more expensive problems down the road. This also gives you time to save if your AC is aging.
When you are seeking an updated cooling system to help make your new unit fit your budget. No matter what your comfort needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Ready to book your service? Call us at 919-578-4329 or schedule an appointment online now.