Spring is enjoyable for more than a few reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can crack windows for fresh air and your power bill is usually at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not utilizing your heating or air conditioner.
But as temps begin to climb, so do your energy bills. Here are some ideas for saving energy in Raleigh and keeping costs lower.
1. Call for Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a yearly maintenance visit can help it operate more efficiently and trim costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep energy charges low.
If your air conditioning equipment has had better days, spring is an excellent time to upgrade it. The energy-saving features in updated air conditioning systems is a definite benefit for keeping your power bill down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling charges. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Figuring out how to effectively work your thermostat is the smartest way to cut down on energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think about it this way, the smaller the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the lower your cooling cost will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or switch it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty home.
3. Try Other Approaches to Cool Your House
You can turn to several other things to help keep your residence at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise during the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This distributes cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your house cooler by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny areas.
4. Look Into Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and abruptly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your schedule and correct the temp when you’re out to help you save energy and money. You can also change the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These expert ideas will all help keep summer energy expenses less expensive. If you decide it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, call us at 919-578-4329 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the correct solution for your space. And as usual, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.