Spring is enjoyable for more than a few reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can crack windows for outdoor air and your power bill is generally at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not utilizing your heat or air.
But as mercury begins to rise, so do your energy bills. Here are some ideas for saving energy in Raleigh and keeping bills lower.
1. Call for Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system an annual tune-up can help it operate more efficiently and trim costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep energy expenses down.
If your air conditioning equipment has seen better days, spring is an excellent time to update it. The energy-saving features in updated air conditioning systems is a definite benefit for keeping your power charges down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling charges. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Figuring out how to effectively use your thermostat is the best way to cut down on energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think about it this way, the less significant the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the lower your cooling cost will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or switch it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty home.
3. Try Other Methods to Cool Your Home
You can turn to several other things to help keep your house at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise during the summer, which forces cool air upward. This moves cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your house more comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny rooms.
4. Look Into Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and abruptly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats learn your routine and change the temp when you’re out to help you save energy and money. You can also change the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These pro tips will all help keep summer energy expenses less expensive. If you decide it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, call us at 919-578-4329 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the correct solution for your space. And as usual, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.